Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Trip - Part 2(A motel named desire)

I continued my journey blindly, taking myself where my feet led me.This very long and unexpected walk actually led me close to a motel named Desire with a tag line "Whatever you are craving for , we have it all ;). Quench your thirst here. "After reading the name and tag line of the motel the first thought that came to my mind was - "what the fuck kind of motel is it?" A motel named desire in the midst of nowhere,so i hesitated a little bit..:| but I had no choice,I was exhausted from all-day walking and it was dark and dangerous out there, so I decided to spend the night in the motel..The motel looked dirty from the outside, so I went in, no one was at the desk so I walked down the hall to see what the rooms looked like.The hallway and rooms were dirty and the carpet and rest of the motel looked like it had not been updated since the seventies.

I entered the bar of the motel,the bar was almost underground;it had a low ceiling and was lighted by six sooty lanterns.I sat on one of the bar chairs.I ordered one cranberry juice.There was a guy sitting beside me in the bar.He had a bushy mustache and he was wearing loafers,a western shirt and a pair of jeans.The moment i ordered cranberry juice,he turned his face towards me , he looked at me with a smirk and asked,"it's a natural diuretic. My girlfriend drinks it when she's got her period. What, do you got your period?" I was like, "what the fuck,i have seen 'The Departed' too."The guy must have been a big fan of the movie.I could have grabbed the empty glass and smashed it on to his head just like the way leonardo did it in the movie,but I suddenly realized the situation i was in.I did not lose my cool and besides the man looked dangerous and he had a gun.So i chuckled and said, " Easy there cowboy!!! I have seen The Departed too,I really don't want any trouble here,just let me enjoy my cranberry juice and both of us will be happy".He smiled and said,"so you are not gonna smash this glass on my head?"I said,"NO sir, I am a Pacifist."After hearing that he laughed and said,"A Fucking Pacifist;" and he laughed, and laughed. He took and he shook my hand, but he laughed till tears came into his eyes.I said to myself "What in the hell is wrong with this guy ,""what the fuck was so funny?"It really freaked me out.He looked like a psycho to me.I looked at him with a surprised stare. I asked him about his fascination with the movie"The Departed."Suddenly his smile freezed, his face turned pale and tears began to roll down his eyes.I wondered, what made him cry?Then he said that "The departed" was the last movie he saw with his wife and that she died in an accident and that he would never be able to watch any movie with her again. And then he burst in to tears. I said, "hey, I’m really sorry to hear it,’ and I tried to console him as much as I could. After some time he calmed down and returned to his normal manner of speech. He offered me a cigarette,I told him that I didn't smoke.He told me that his name was Barry Bonds. He said that he used to be a lawyer, and that he retired in 2001.

At that time three men entered into the bar.T
hey looked like mobsters - clad in leather jackets, with closely cropped hair and rude manners. One of them had a gun.I had a keen interest in ammunition.I figured out the gun carried by him was a Desert Eagle .50 cal. Then these men came where we were sitting.One of them grabbed Barry Bond's head and smashed it on the table.The blood started to flow from his forehead down his face.Then one of them grabbed his hair and said, "Today is the last day cowboy,if you don't cough up the money you owe us by tomorrow morning ,We'll cut off your fucking johnson! "At first I didn't understand what they meant by Johnson but then I realized that these men were threatening castration.

So, here I was sitting in some goddamn bar, with some goddamn freak, who owed some money to some goddamn mobsters,who were threatening castration....

To be continued.....


8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Faraz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just completely ignore shazia's comment faraz.She is too dumb to understand stuff like that.Let me tell you something she hated SinCity.Can you believe that....

I personally felt that it was great.Storytelling at its best,It was gripping, exciting, funny and just brilliant with interesting and believable characters.I m really dying to read the next part....

Go my Frank miller go...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Umar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Praniti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.